Cosmetic Injection Techniques
A Text and Video Guide to Neurotoxins and Fillers
- Edition: 2 2019
- Details: 226 pages, 127 ill., Hardback (Thread Stitching)
- ISBN: 9781626234574
- Media Type: Book
- Language of text: English
€ 104.99* [D]
€ 108.00* [A]
The quintessential guide to state-of-the-art cosmetic injection approaches, from two renowned experts!
This revised and updated second edition of Cosmetic Injection Techniques: A Text and Video Guide to Neurotoxins and Fillers by esteemed facial plastic surgeons Theda Kontis and Victor Lacombe builds on their bestselling first edition. Content is designed to augment knowledge of beginner injectors and train veteran injectors on how to finesse facial fillers and muscle-relaxing injections. Since publication of the first edition, understanding of the aging face has increased, while the number of non-surgical facial enhancements has continued to skyrocket. The book's primary focus is the improvement of minor facial irregularities and asymmetries using the latest injection procedures.
Divided into six sections and four appendices, the book starts with the patient consultation and concludes with a new section on fat-dissolving techniques using Kybella. The fillers section features new chapters on choosing the right filler, fine lines and skin boosters, the de Maio technique, the mandibular angle, poly-l-lactic acid for the décolleté, and gender-specific injections. All chapters follow a reader-friendly, consistent format with succinct paragraphs covering indications, injection techniques, anatomic considerations, precautions, risks, pearls, illustrations or photos, and additional reading. Select chapters reflect North American techniques utilized by the authors that vary from East Coast to West Coast.
- Precise, full-color illustrations by Sarah Faris afford a detailed look at underlying anatomy
- 75 superb short video clips narrated by Dr. Kontis provide procedural guidance
- A section dedicated to neurotoxin injections details the use of neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport, with new chapters on neurotoxins for the décolleté and