Adult Audiology Casebook
- Edition: 2 2019
- 292 , 173 , Paperback (Perfect Binding)
- ISBN: 9781626237292
- Media Type: Book
- Language of text: English
€ 89.99* [D]
€ 92.60* [A]
Real-life cases enable students and practitioners to integrate adult-centered audiology knowledge into clinical practice!
Adult Audiology Casebook, Second Edition by esteemed researchers and educators Michael Valente and L. Maureen Valente presents all new cases, reflecting issues that have become more prevalent in clinical settings. An impressive array of international authors provide expert advice, best practices, and vital tools clinicians need to successfully manage patient expectations and achieve optimal outcomes. Seven sections encompass a wide range of hearing, vestibular, and balance disorders, other conditions that result in hearing loss, diagnostic exams for auditory and vestibular function, and treatments.
- 50 comprehensive cases covering all aspects of adult audiology include thought-provoking questions and answers followed by a summary of key points
- Full color audiograms provide a reader-friendly hearing loss evaluation tool
- Simple and complex treatment approaches including aural rehabilitation, sound therapy, auditory processing disorder therapy, hearing aids, cochlear implants, and hearing assistive technologies
- Discussion of a wide variety of diagnostic tools used for audiometric assessment
Essential reading for graduate level audiology students, this casebook is a must have for sharpening and enhancing clinical skills. It also provides a robust classroom tool for audiology and speech-language pathology professors, as well as a practical daily reference for audiologists, otolaryngologists, and ENT residents.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.