Complications in Non-vascular Interventional Therapy and Interventional Oncology: Case-based Solutions
- Auflage: 1 2019
- Seitenanzahl: 150 S., 250 Abb., Hardback (Thread Stitching)
- ISBN: 9783132412873
- Medientyp: Buch
- Sprache: Englisch
€ 99,99* [D]
€ 102,80* [A]
Learn to avoid and manage complications from non-vascular interventional and interventional oncological procedures
The range of non-vascular procedures that can be performed in interventional imaging is vast and includes management of a wide range of conditions, such as treatment of kidney stones, obtaining diagnostic biopsies in suspected cancers, bile duct occlusions, compression fractures, drainage of abscesses, collection of fluids, etc. In particular, various cancers often lend themselves well to local tumor destruction with interventional techniques, while holding morbidity and mortality to a minimum.
This compendium presents 45 cases in detail to provide a thorough review of potential complications that may occur during non-vascular interventional radiology and interventional oncological procedures. Each case also includes a list of take-home messages discussing vital prevention strategies for each problem.
- Content presented in case-based format to help the reader benefit from the real-life experiences of the authors and motivate them to take part in identifying the problem and finding a solution to a specific situation
- Solid coverage of characteristic complications of special technologies, such as thermal ablation and percutaneous CT-guided interstitial high-dose brachytherapy
- A wealth of information and advice for optimizing patient safety before, during, and after interventional therapy
- Take-home messages at the end of each case providing vital prevention strategies
Complications in Non-vascular Interventional Therapy and Interventional Oncology: Case-based Solutions is an invaluable sourcebook for radiology residents and fellows, experienced interventional radiologists, and all physicians actively performing non-vascular and oncological interventions. This book discusses methods to both avoid and manage complications, t