Clinical Tests for the Musculoskeletal System
Examinations - Signs - Phenomena
- Auflage: 3 2016
- Seitenanzahl: 400 S., 614 Abb., PDF
- ISBN: 9783131494931
- Sprache: Englisch
€ 59,99* [D]
€ 59,99* [A]
The third edition of this convenient pocket guide presents a comprehensive collection of clinical tests for all the major musculoskeletal structures. New tests have been added and existing tests fully revised to include the most practical, relevant, and up-to-date information for the effective evaluation of the musculoskeletal system.
The book is organized by body region, with chapters devoted to the spine; shoulder; elbow; wrist, hand, and fingers; hip; knee; and foot and ankle. Each of these chapters opens with a figure depicting range of motion and an algorithm that provides a quick overview of symptoms, tests, imaging, and diagnosis. Additional chapters on posture deficiencies, venous thrombosis, occlusive arterial disease and neurovascular compression syndromes, and disturbances of the central nervous system complete the book.
For each clinical test, readers will find a step-by-step description of the procedure, followed by a concise discussion of assessment and possible diagnoses for that test.
- Succinct descriptions of initial tests, functional tests, stress tests, and stability tests
- More than 600 precise line drawings augment the text and reinforce key concepts
- Helpful tips and guidance for the clinical examination, from taking patient history to selecting the appropriate tests and further course of action
- Extensive bibliography of recommended literature for additional reading