Calvert's Descriptive Phonetics
Introduction and Transcription Workbook
- Auflage: 4 2012
- Seitenanzahl: 256 S., 13 Abb., Paperback (Perfect Binding)
- ISBN: 9781604066517
- Medientyp: Buch
- Sprache: Englisch
€ 64,99* [D]
€ 66,90* [A]
A revised edition of a classic introductory phonetics guide and workbook
For years both students and instructors have found that the key to mastering phonetics is careful listening and extensive transcription practice. This new edition combines Calvert's descriptive phonetics text and Calvert's workbook into one updated, user-friendly guide to phonetics and transcription. The book contains a wealth of phonetics exercises as well as online access to additional material for practice outside the classroom.
- Includes the most up-to-date information on dialect and applied phonetics
- Concept questions at the end of each chapter help students integrate previously learned and new material
- Extensive listening exercises facilitate mastery of the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- Phonetic transcription drills give students practice in both listening and transcription
This book is an excellent study tool and clinical review of basic phonetics for all students in speech language pathology and audiology.