Auditory Disorders in School Children
The Law, Identification, Remediation
- Auflage: 4 2011
- Seitenanzahl: 469 S., 88 Abb., ePub
- ISBN: 9781638531258
- Sprache: Englisch
€ 14,99* [D]
€ 14,99* [A]
The 4th edition of this classic text covers techniques for identifying hearing loss in infants and children.
The fourth edition of the classic text on Auditory Disorders in School Children extensively covers techniques for identifying hearing loss in infants and children. Co-authored by leading specialists, the child-centered book provides important information on diagnosis and treatment of mild to severe auditory disorders, including screening and diagnostic testing procedures, hearing aids, cochlear implants, auditory processing disorders and much more. A key section has been added on ''The Audiology Home,'' which explores the possibilities of a family-oriented treatment center to achieve maximum benefit for each child with auditory disorders.
Key features of the new edition:
- Covers a broad range of disorders, from mild to severe, to maximize your diagnostic capabilities
- Updated material on cochlear implants and the newest technology used to manage severe deafness
- Examines all aspects of hearing loss, such as identification and interpretation, auditory training, amplification devices, and more
- Introduces "The Audiology Home," an innovative approach to centralizing patient care of infants and children for optimal results
- Unique section on applying legal regulations to educational programs
This authoritative text thoroughly examines all the treatment options that are reshaping the future of auditory disorders. It is ideal for students and residents in communication disorders programs, and is an outstanding course book. This highly practical and didactic book belongs on the shelf of all audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and pediatricians.