Applied Oral Physiology
The Integration of Sciences in Clinical Dentistry
- Auflage: 1 2020
- Seitenanzahl: 192 S., 166 Abb., Hardback (Perfect Binding)
- ISBN: 9781684201792
- Medientyp: Buch
- Sprache: Englisch
€ 89,99* [D]
€ 92,60* [A]
Unique textbook presents and integrates dental sciences essential for the practice of dentistry
Applied Oral Physiology: The Integration of Sciences in Clinical Dentistry by prosthodontist, biologist, and educator Robin Wilding integrates basic science topics traditionally taught separately, enabling readers to understand the interconnected relationship between the scientific and clinical aspects of dentistry. On the broadest level, this well-researched, readable, and easy-to-study book brings together related elements of anatomy, physiology, microbiology, and biochemistry. Integration of these areas helps students comprehend the different elements of dental science, thereby improving their ability to understand and treat patient problems. For example, understanding how saliva influences oral health is vital information every dentist needs to know.
- An introduction to the structure and related function of teeth and oral soft tissues
- The relationship between oral ecology and biofilms, dental caries, nutrition, and mucosal immunity
- Discussion of clinical and neurogenic pain in context with functions including taste, reflexes, mastication, swallowing, and speech
- A balanced presentation of TMJ dynamics including the role that physical and psychosocial factors play in dysfunction
- Content considered to be non-essential is presented in appendices at the end of the book, placing the focus on need-to-know information
Topics such as the oral cavity environment, cellular interactions, the extracellular matrix, and bone physiology are covered in one highly relevant resource for clinical dental practice, making this the quintessential text for undergraduate dentistry students.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.