Acupuncture for Dogs and Cats
A Pocket Atlas
- Auflage: 2 2022
- Seitenanzahl: 400 S. , 207 Abb. , Mixed Media Product
- ISBN: 9783132434547
- Medientyp: Buch
- Sprache: Englisch
- Erscheinungstermin: 15.09.2021
€ 79,99* [D]
€ 82,30* [A]
An at-a-glance review of all acupuncture points and channels for small animals
Skillfully integrating traditional concepts of Chinese medicine with clinical experience and modern scientific research, Acupuncture for Dogs and Cats brings together all current information in one convenient book. Its atlas-style format, highlighted by hundreds of full-color photographs and supporting text, makes it ideal as a quick, user-friendly reference in the clinic or training program.
- An easy-to-use, double-page spread designed for fast retrieval of information--on the left, concise text describes the effects, indications, localization, technique, and depth of insertion for each acupuncture point; on the right, high-quality photographs demonstrate all concepts.
- Bones and muscles have been precisely drawn into each photograph, a valuable tool for localization of points.
- A comprehensive discussion of all acupuncture points in all channels ensures that you have full mastery of the field.
- A complete introduction to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), channel systems, TCM diagnostics, point selection, and point categories (such as Ting or Luo points) provide a strong foundation in the concepts of veterinary TCM.
The only book to focus solely on acupuncture for small animals, this handy, pocket-size atlas is unique in the field. It offers a wealth of practical knowledge and a pictorial reference for veterinarians, animal acupuncturists, students, and trainees whose goal is to provide the highest level of treatment to the animals in their care.